Wednesday, March 11, 2015

People You Should Know: Jesus (Intro)


I want to invite you to join me on what I hope will be one of the most rewarding experiences of our lives. Over the next few months we’re going to really get to know Jesus. As we read and reflect on passages of Scripture from the book of Luke, Jesus is going to reveal himself to us in fresh new ways. We are going to discover what he is like, what matters to him, and what he wants from us. At the end of this journey, we’re not only going to know more about Jesus, we’re going to really know Jesus. Our relationship with him is going to be more meaningful to us than ever before. Sound like something you’re interested in? If so here’s what I want you to do. Each week I’ll post the verses I’ll be preaching from the following Sunday. Take a little time each day and read those verses. As you read, I want you to look carefully for a few things. Those verses will reveal something to you about Jesus. Look closely, and see what you discover. Every passage will contain practical lessons that can radically improve your life. Look for them. Identify, and apply them. To help you do this, along with the text, I’ll post what I’m calling “clues”. Hopefully, these clues will help you find what you’re looking for. Do this each week, and on Sunday I’ll share my thoughts from the text. If you miss sermons, you can always find them on our website or our podcast.Okay. Are you ready? Let’s get to know Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment